Racey has been providing deal structuring and other business advice and guidance to major financial institutions for over 20 years. She builds upon her 13 years as in-house counsel at Heller Financial to sagely advise Brutzkus Gubner clients. She has reviewed, drafted and negotiated documentation for multi-million dollar loan transactions, including factoring contracts; asset based lending agreements; license agreements; asset and stock purchase agreements; forbearance agreements, cash collateral and stock pledge agreements; corporate, limited liability company and partnership agreements; public and private foreclosures; landlord and warehouse waivers; guarantees; and real property collaterals. In addition, Racey served as Counsel to HSBC Business Credit.
Racey has written numerous advisory opinions relating to federal employment discrimination cases as a hearing examiner for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- Whittier College School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, Valedictorian, 1983); Activities and Societies: Moot Court Honors Board, Dean’s List, Honor Roll, Six American Jurisprudence Awards
- Indiana University (B.A., 1972); Activities and Societies: Dean’s Honor Roll
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Closed a significant multi-million dollar transaction for a client involving both debt acquisition and an equity investment. As a result, the target company, a significant company in the souvenir apparel industry, was able to avoid a bankruptcy filing and over 100 employees were able to keep their jobs.
- Represented a major bank in a transaction that involved valuable intellectual property collateral tying down their interests in that collateral. Due diligence to make sure interests were protected state and federal level.
- Represented a buyer of a purchase in assets in a private foreclosure with a major institution in a complex multi party transaction.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association