Jason represents Fortune 500 companies and other businesses in commercial litigation with an emphasis on insurance recovery in both federal and state courts. His sought out insurance experience includes matters relating to general liability, workers’ compensation, D&O and E&O, first-party property, and business interruption. He has settled and/or litigated matters to judgment involving product liability coverage, asbestos/silica bodily injury, toxic torts, environmental property damage and corporate malfeasance. He specializes in the energy, chemical, manufacturing, retail, banking, and financial services industries.
Jason also represents asbestos settlement trusts created pursuant to 11 U.S.C. §524(g), and counsels clients on insurance procurement, commercial and captive insurance programs, claims notifications and other insurance-related matters. He is well known for his work with historic comprehensive general liability, umbrella and excess, Bermuda Form and occurrence-based policies.
In addition to his broad insurance litigation background, Jason’s practice also focuses on insolvency claims, including several massive recoveries on behalf of clients in the Home Insurance Company liquidation.
- University of California, Hastings, College of Law (J.D., 1991)
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A., 1986)
- State Bar of California
- Secured $242.5 and $103.73 million allowed claims on behalf of clients in the Home Insurance Company liquidation.
- Successfully resolved claims in the Integrity Insurance Company and the Midland Insurance Company liquidations.
- Secured a judgment allowing a corporate insured to direct access to reinsurance proceeds for its company’s historic workers’ compensation claims after the insurer was declared insolvent.
- Member, California State Bar Insurance Law Committee
- Update Author, California Liability Insurance Practice: Claims & Litigation, a CEB publication
- Former Chair, Morgan Lewis Pro Bono Committee
- Past Director, Los Angeles County Bar Foundation
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers” (2018- Present)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” (2005)
- “Best Lawyers in America” (2022-Present)