We represent major banks, commercial lenders, borrowers, and finance divisions of multinational institutions in lending and borrowing, and provide a comprehensive view of financing alternatives to corporate and individual borrowers. We help our clients assess all viable options, analyze risks and develop plans of action when entering into financing deals. This includes accounts receivable management; financing; factoring; asset-based lending; and equipment financing and leasing.
After documenting and negotiating a loan, our attorneys stay involved by working with lending institutions throughout the lending relationship. We aggressively assist our clients in protecting their rights during foreclosures and repossession of collateral when a loan defaults. In addition, we maximize creditor’s rights for banks and other lending institutions by leveraging resources across the firm and within our insolvency professional networks.
This wide range of services allows our lawyers to provide clients with a comprehensive overview of all deal options.
Banking & Finance Legal Services
- Commercial Litigation and Collection
- Contract and Agreement Documentation
- Day-to-Day Operations
- Entity Formation (including U.S. and Foreign Joint Ventures)
- Letters of Credit in Domestic and International Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Secured Transactions
- Represent the U.S. financial division of a multinational motorcycle and watercraft corporation in the collection of loans against dealerships and franchisees across the nation.
- Representation of large and small banking institutions in matters involving litigation, bankruptcy and original loan documentation.
- Representation of factors serving the apparel and soft good industries.
- Ongoing representation of companies with commercial lender licenses.
- Represent borrowers and issuers in the review of letters of credit in domestic and international transactions.
- Represented a national bank owed nearly $15 million after liquidation in a matter involving the foreclosure of a clothing company. We assumed the bank’s account receivables, collected a substantial amount, and significantly reduced the bank’s shortfall.
- Represented a major bank in a transaction that involved valuable intellectual property collateral tying down their interests in that collateral. Due diligence to make sure interests were protected state and federal level.
- Represented a buyer of a purchase in assets in a private foreclosure with a major institution in a complex multi party transaction.
- Recovered a substantial portion of a $30 million debt owed to a major, well-established bank operating in the Western United States.
- Wells Fargo Trade (factory deals)
- Continental Business Credit