For more than 20 years, David has been a member of the Panel of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Trustees for the Central District of California. His emphasis is acting as fiduciary, either as Trustee, Receiver or Assignee for the Benefit of Creditors, or representing such fiduciaries in federal and state Courts.
- California Western School of Law (J.D., 1975); Activities and Societies: Associate Editor of the California Western International Law Journal
- UCLA (B.A., 1972)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency: Chapter 11, Counsel for Debtor and Debtor in Possession with confirmed Plan of Reorganization; Counsel for Creditors’ Committee.
- Trustees in Bankruptcy: Successfully prosecuted and defended preference and fraudulent transfer actions by Chapter 7 Trustees; effectively liquidated assets in significant environmental Superfund site.
- Receiver: Appointed Receiver by Los Angeles Superior Court in liquidation of law firm and administration of eight medical MRI locations; represented Receiver in various state and federal matters, including Receiver appointed to oversee enforcement of judgment in MGA v. Mattel (Bratz litigation).
- Assignee for Benefit of Creditors: David has acted as Assignee for Benefit of Creditors, and has represented other Assignees and companies that choose this method to liquidate assets.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association California
- “Best Lawyers in America” (2008-Present)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers” (2007-Present)
- Author, “The ABCs of an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors (An alternative to Bankruptcy,” Ervin Cohen & Jessup, LLP, Bankruptcy Reporter (April 2010)
- Author, “Valuing Exemptions: Debtor’s Myth or Marketplace Reality,” Thompson/Asparatore’s: Adapting to Changes in Bankruptcy Law: Leading Lawyers on Understanding Recent Bankruptcy Trends, Analyzing Changing Laws, and Developing Client Strategies (2009)
- Frequent speaker: bankruptcy, creditors rights, rights and duties of bankruptcy trustees