Our bankruptcy, real estate, creditors’ rights and commercial litigation attorneys have extensive commercial collection experience, placing us in a unique position to handle our clients’ commercial collection needs. We direct proper and effective actions to recover assets, funds or lost investments resulting from a bankruptcy or default while protecting our clients’ rights during retail or commercial real estate foreclosures and other transactions. We understand the importance of handling your commercial collections quickly and efficiently to optimize recovery.
Our attorneys, who regularly act as trustees, examiners and receivers, also provide knowledgeable and cost-effective legal counsel to lenders during loan restructurings and workouts, negotiations of defaulted loans and foreclosure/turnover actions. We have prosecuted hundreds of bankruptcy preference and fraudulent transfer adversary proceedings for bankruptcy trustees, committees and chapter 11 debtors’ estates and assignees for the benefit of creditors. We have also acted as counsel in matters involving the collection of trade receivables for individuals or on behalf of investment portfolios.
- Prosecution of commercial collections for the U.S. financing arm of a multibillion-dollar international corporation, which finances U.S. motorcycle and watercraft dealerships.
- Collection of principal balance owed to a film production company. The judgment for business debt was obtained within weeks after the firm began its work, the debt having languished unpaid for years.
- Recovery of substantial portion of $30 million debt owed to a well-established, large Western United States bank.
- Collection of a portfolio of receivables from multiple failed businesses resulting in substantial financial return to the former lenders of the company.
- Collected a substantial amount of a failed clothing company’s accounts receivable on behalf of a national bank client, which was still owed nearly $15 million after the clothing company’s liquidation.
- Liquidated fourth largest central district real estate portfolio in over $1 billion in debt and real estate.
- Successfully defended $30 million writ of attachment claim against large privately held real estate company.