Talin represents debtors, creditors and creditor committees in chapter 7 and chapter 11 matters; manufacturers, financial institutions, medium-size businesses, banks and trustees in preference litigation and defense, complex bankruptcy fraud and distressed real estate matters; and companies in general business and commercial matters, including commercial collections for financial institutions and litigation in both state and federal court. She has appeared before the U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, U.S. District Court and the U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Pepperdine University School of Law (J.D., 1998); Activities and Societies: FIAT, Moot Court Competition Trial Advocacy
- Summer Externship at Kirkland & Ellis in London
- California State University Northridge (B.A., Political Science cum laude, 1995)
- State Bar of California
Creditor Committee /Trustee Chapters 7 & 11 Representation
- Represented the Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors in Florica, Inc., formerly known as Wolfgang Puck Casual Dining.
- Represented creditors/committee and trustees in large apparel-related bankruptcy matters, including Mr. Rags; Chorus Line; and Teddi of California.
- Filed the involuntary bankruptcy against Mossimo companies, and successfully negotiated over $1 million resulting in 100% payment (100 cents on the dollar) in creditors’ claims payment for our clients, petitioning creditors.
- Representation of Chapter 11 Trustee in adversary proceedings in the bankruptcy case of Namco Capital Group, Inc.
- Enforcement of all commercial collections for the financial division of a multinational corporation operating automotive and watercraft dealerships across the United States.
- Counsel and Co-counsel in trials, evidentiary hearings and motions in Bankruptcy Court and other courts throughout the U.S.
Complex Chapter 7 cases and adversaries
- Litigated and defended numerous preference actions and fraudulent transfer actions against various entities.
- Achieved significant returns to estates on behalf of bankruptcy estate trustees through the pursuit of scores of preference and fraudulent transfer actions.
- Located buyers, arranged for liquidators, negotiated terms of purchase and facilitated bankruptcy approval of sale as part of assistance provided to bankruptcy trustees selling estate assets, including real property, personal property, claims and oil and gas rights.
- Multiple appeals to the BAP, District Court and Ninth Circuit.
- Countrywide Home Loans.
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Sections
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Financial Lawyers Conference
- American Bankruptcy Forum
- Armenian Bar Association
- U.S. Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, U.S. District Court and U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- “Best Lawyers in America” (2018-Present)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” (2006-2007, 2010-2013)
- Author, “50 Cent’s Business Managers May Have To Face The Music,” Forbes (Sept. 15, 2017)
- Co-Author, “When Bankruptcy Breaks Your ‘Asset-Protection’ Plan,” American Bankruptcy Institute Journal (June 6, 2016)