Brutzkus Gubner’s Corporate and Business Transactions Group is known for creating and implementing innovative and cost-effective strategies for the Firm’s business clients, who range from individual entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 and multi-national companies. Whether it’s a recent Business School graduate who seeks advice regarding starting her first business to the CEO of a mature organization deciding on an exit strategy for his company, Brutzkus Gubner attorneys are there to assist through the entire process, from structuring the transaction to negotiating and documenting the deal to providing ongoing advice as needed.
The Firm’s attorneys are particularly known for their expertise in representing middle-market privately held companies, including apparel and textile companies, importers and exporters, automotive aftermarket suppliers and industrial manufacturers, and frequently serve as general counsel to such companies.
Regardless of the size of the client or nature of the transaction, the Firm’s attorneys are guided by the principal that the client’s needs come first. We understand that every transaction, no matter how small, is important to the client. We give all of our clients the individual attention that they deserve.
The Corporate and Business Transactions Group frequently advises clients on such matters as:
- Business structuring and formation
- Ownership issues (e.g., buy-sell agreements; retirement strategies)
- Real estate and equipment leasing
- Computer software and hardware purchases and licenses
- Commercial transactions, including international transactions
- Employee and executive compensation
- Joint ventures
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Other forms of reorganizations and recapitalizations
- Intellectual property acquisition, licensing and disposition
- Strategic transactions
- Regulatory compliance
- Represented a major Southern California apparel manufacturer in the sale of the company to a large U.S.-based multinational. We negotiated favorable terms and an accelerated, secure payout for the client. Also negotiated post-acquisition employment of principals by manufacturer and leasing of manufacturing facilities.
- Negotiated and structured the sale of a division of an automotive specialty manufacturer to a foreign-based multinational. Secured the purchase price, reduced risk and substantial tax savings for the client.
- Structured the sale of a financially troubled division of a domestic manufacturer to a multinational investor. Following the sale, the client’s reinvigorated balance sheets enabled the company to continue with its more profitable business segments.
- Advised and counseled on early-stage financing and real estate leasing and acquisition for a start-up technology company.
- Structured and negotiated a licensing agreement for a high-profile floral designer with a national floral service provider.
- Structured and negotiated a licensing agreement with a celebrity fashion designer on behalf of an eyewear maker.
- Successfully completed the sale of an 80-unit motel to a national hospitality chain operator.
- Protected the principal and created value for creditors and the Internal Revenue Service, in the face of criminal and tax proceedings, during the sale of a multimillion-dollar food business.
- Represented the seller of a nationally recognized garment manufacturing company during sale to a textile manufacturer. Created a vertical organization with greater profit potential.
- Devised a profitable exit plan for the owner of a piece goods company that added substantial value to a maturing business.