Clients trust us to develop the best solutions to their business challenges. From small to midsize to large companies, our clients benefit from our decades and depth of experience in this area of the law. We provide our clients with comprehensive guidance and advice on possible loan structuring, documentation and workouts. In addition, we provide enforcement of security interests, collections, defense of preference claims and fraudulent transfer claims and cost-effective reorganizations. Our professional relationships in the insolvency arena are advantageous when handling any of the above matters.
Our clients in Chapter 11 reorganization cases include debtors-in-possession, creditors, Chapter 11 trustees and official committees of unsecured creditors. In Chapter 7 cases, we represent court-appointed Chapter 7 trustees, debtors and defendants and handle all related litigation.
We have significant success aggressively enforcing creditor’s rights and achieving equitable settlements. We pride ourselves on avoiding insolvency and liquidation proceedings in contentious matters by negotiating and reaching resolutions of disputes.
Our commercial bankruptcy and insolvency services include:
- Assignment for the benefit of creditors
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 7
- Involuntary bankruptcy
- Pre-bankruptcy counsel
- Represent the Chapter 7 trustee as special litigation counsel in Ponzi scheme case, in which we successfully pursued avoidance actions resulting in a recovery of approximately $6 million for the estate.
- Recovered over $3 million for RMS, Foundation, Inc. (“Queen Mary”) in an assignment for benefit of creditors.
- Served as counsel for Chapter 11 debtors in possession and successful reorganized and confirmed plans of reorganization for a movie studio, airline parts manufacturer, automobile specialty parts retailer and a spray booth manufacturing company.
- Filed involuntary bankruptcy against a national sportswear manufacturer and obtained nearly 100 cents on the dollar for the petitioning creditors.
- Represented the creditors’ committee in a matter involving an insolvent, high profile design company and achieved a successful turnaround. We realized a substantial distribution to creditors by aggressively pursuing lenders and insiders, and creating licensing opportunities.
- Represent nationally recognized assignees in assignments for the benefits of creditors, including one in the liquidation of a national speaker company, Cerwin Vega, sold for the benefit of its creditors.
- General Unsecured Creditor Committee representation in the Estate Financial, Inc., a case involving an entity that sold tenant in common interests in commercial real estate. Also served as special litigation counsel to the Chapter 11 Trustee with respect to a number of law suits pursued for the benefit of the estate.
- Represented a receiver in the liquidation of a tool machinery and vehicle equipment company with over $150 million in annual sales. Recovered a multimillion-dollar judgment from a Fortune 400 company on behalf of a Chapter 11 retail debtor with over 150 stores.
- Class Action counsel to class of investors in complex action against debtor fund manager, Quality Home Loans, Inc., and its officers and directors.
- Special Litigation Counsel to Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in Fitness Holding, Inc. and then to Chapter 7 Trustee for purpose of pursuing claims for breach of fiduciary duty, avoidance of fraudulent transfers, subordination of claims and declaratory relief and related appeals.
- Represented the creditors in one of the largest involuntary bankruptcies involving Pan Pacific Fisheries.
- Special litigation counsel to Chapter 11 Trustee in Namco Capital.
- Counsel for City of Long Beach.
- Counsel to Mountain High Hosiery.