Jessica has significant and comprehensive insolvency and restructuring experience. She consistently represents chapter 7 trustees and receivers, as well as both debtors and creditors in chapter 11 matters. Jessica also has significant business litigation experience, and is routinely responsible for a wide range of motion practice in contested matters, adversary proceedings, and related appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Jessica clerked for the Honorable Ellen Carroll (retired) and the Honorable Robert N. Kwan of the Los Angeles Division of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California. Additionally, Jessica worked as a Staff Attorney for the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel for the United States Court of Appeals of the Ninth Circuit.
Jessica received her J.D. from Chapman University, Fowler School of Law, and a philosophy degree from Westmont College. Jessica presently serves as a Board Member for the Los Angeles Bankruptcy Forum, an Associate Editor of the Business Law News section of the California Lawyers Association, and is one of the Education Co-Chairs for the 2020 California Bankruptcy Forum. Previously, Jessica served as one of the Young Insolvency Professionals (YIP) Co-Chairs for the 2019 California Bankruptcy Forum, and as Secretary of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (2015-2017). She has been recognized as a Southern California Rising Star by Super Lawyers from 2015-2019, and has been named among the “Best Lawyers in America” since 2018.
- Chapman University School of Law (J.D. cum laude, 2011)
- Westmont College (B.A. cum laude, 2007)
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- State Bar of California (2011)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Secretary and Southern California Board Member, International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Financial Lawyer’s Conference
- Federal Bar Association, Los Angeles Division
- “Best Lawyers in America” (2018-Present)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers – Rising Stars” (2015-Present)