Our Entertainment and New Media practice caters to clients operating in an evolving world. We are exceptionally qualified to assist clients from initial startup through venture capital financing and mergers and acquisitions.
Our attorneys provide IP, business and litigation services for companies and individuals who work with content and technology, including:
- Business owners, developers, and distributors
- Entertainment and new media investors
- Film, television and music industry clients
- Interactive entertainment developers and publishers
- Social and other new media websites
- Video game developers
We actively work with new media clients to create new business and revenue models. We have significant trademark and licensing experience and negotiate advertising, entertainment and web deals. We also handle digital content issues in the areas of music, film, and publishing. Our history representing clients with their intellectual property needs, and our involvement in INTA, make us a compelling choice to represent clients in this space.
- Represented the buyer in the acquisition of a distressed production company asset. The transaction resulted in an out of court workout, and involved negotiations between the acquisition target, its largest creditor, and the target’s corporate parent companies. The firm’s bankruptcy department also played a large part in the transaction.
- Advise and represent a major production company specializing in content ranging from scripted and unscripted television to podcasts. BG advises it on transactions, acquisitions and IP matters.
- The Content Media Acquisition of Collins Avenue Entertainment.
- Advised and counseled IP and business related matters for a national digital media content company.
- Negotiated license agreements for an automotive manufacturer, including use of the client’s trademark on a best-selling video game.
- Advised and counseled on business formation, financing, employee and executive contracts, and real estate leasing for a startup technology company.