Ron uses his unique experience to provide the best business solutions to BG Law clients. Over the past two decades, he has counseled small and start-up companies on intellectual property matters, including trademark protection, and he has litigated numerous trademark and trade secret cases. Ron also represents trustees in major bankruptcy cases.
For 15 years, Ron was the CFO of his own corporation. He has served as a volunteer arbitrator for the California State Bar Mandatory Fee Arbitration Department, working on cases that were published in the United States Patents Quarterly and state and federal reports, and contributed to the research and writing of a well-cited patents article.
- Whittier College School of Law (J.D., 1989)
- University of Maryland (B.A., 1984)
- State Bar of California
- Mr. Abrams has represented trustee, debtor and creditor clients during bankruptcy and related adversary proceedings and has represented corporations, LLCs and sole proprietorships in general business litigation, trademark prosecution and intellectual property licensing matters.
- Volunteer Arbitrator for the California State Bar Mandatory Fee Arbitration Department (1991-1995)
- Thomson Reuters Southern California “Super Lawyers” (2020-Present)
- “Best Lawyers in America” (2018-Present)
- Author, “Taylor Swift Wins Legal Battle Over ‘Shake It Off’,” Forbes (Feb. 2018)
- Author, “Gene Simmons Abandons Hand Gesture Trademark Application,” Forbes (June 2017)
- Author, “A Review Of The Supreme Court’s Questions And Comments In ‘Slants’ Case Indicates A Split Decision,” Forbes (Jan. 2017)
- Author, “Offensive Trademark Applications Suspended by USPTO Until Supremes Rule on In re Tam,” IP Watchdog (Mar. 2016)
- Co-author, “Navigating Shakedown Street: Risk Management Options for Dealing With Patent Trolls,” Intellectual Property Today (Oct. 2013)
- Co-author, “Patent Misuse: Must An Alleged Infringer Prove an Antitrust Violation?” 17 AIPLA Q. J. 1 (1989)
- Magnacoustics, Inc. v. Resonance Technology Co., 44 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1957 (Fed. Cir. 1997)
- Irwin v. Phillips Interactive Media Corp., 31 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1336 (C.D. Cal. 1994)
- Advanced Cardiovascular Systems, Inc. v. SciMed Life Systems, Inc., 988 F.2d 1157 (Fed. Cir. 1993)
- Printers Service Co. v. Bondurant, 20 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1626 (C.D. Cal. 1991)
- Smith v. Intex Recreation Corp., 755 F. Supp. 712 (M.D. La. 1991)
- Merle Norman Cosmetics, Inc. v. Martin, 18 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1848 (9th Cir. 1990)
- National Yellow Page Service Association v. O’Connor Agency, 9 U.S.P.Q. 2d 1516 (C.D. Cal. 1988)