Theodore Spanos has more than three decades of extensive experience as a trial lawyer, focusing his practice on complex business litigation and handling cases involving fraud-based claims, wrongful wire-transfers, lender liability, alleged officer and director liability, and contractual matters, in addition to class action lawsuits.
Prior to joining the firm, Theodore was Of Counsel to the financial institutions, antitrust, and securities practice groups of a top Los Angeles corporate, transactional, litigation, and regulatory firm. He subsequently opened his own practice before joining BG Law in 2021. Based on his professional ability and ethical standards, he has been AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell since 2004.
Theodore received his Doctorate of Law (JD) from Hastings College of the Law in San Francisco, and an undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles. He is a member of the Orange County and Los Angeles County Bar Associations, is listed in Strathmore’s “Who’s Who of Outstanding Professionals,” and is a regular lecturer on various topics regarding civil procedure and securities law issues.
- Hastings College of the Law, U.C. 1983-1986 San Francisco, CA
- University of California, Los Angeles 1979-1983 Los Angeles, CA
- State Bar of California
- Defended a former officer, who is now senior executive officer of national bank, against Civil RICO claims. The case settled on terms favorable for our client, after IMPAC ordered to pay substantial monetary sanctions.
- Defended The Temple of the Arts, et al. against breach of fiduciary duty and other fraud-based claims All claims against our client were ultimately dismissed with prejudice, and our client paid nothing in settlement.
- Defended Robert J. Maccini, et al., former officer and director of Verge Media, against breach of fiduciary duty and other fraud-based claims, following a merger transaction. Following years of vigorous litigation, the case settled on terms favorable for our client.
- Defended Michael Taus, et al., former director of Genutec Business Solutions, against breach of fiduciary duty and other fraud-based claims, following a merger transaction. After more than three years of litigation, our client was dismissed with prejudice without having to contribute anything to settlement.
- Member, Orange County Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who of Outstanding Professionals
Author, “Practical Steps to Protect Your Environmental Insurance Claims,” published in connection with the Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP Environmental Law Developments Seminar (Nov. 1991)
Author, “A New Look at the Doctrine of Constructive Termination Under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act,” published in connection with the Annual Petroleum Marketing Meeting (Dec. 1988)
Author, “Back From the Precipice: Lender’s Liability After Kurse,” BNA’s Banking Report (Oct. 1988)